The Parish School

There was at one time a small school attached to our parish, where the children received the early years of education.  A generous gift of Mrs. Liddell of Warwick Hall, the land for the school  house being the gift of Mrs Philip Howard of Corby Castle.  The school opened in January 1932 and was great blessing to the parish. As the years went by the  cost of the upkeep of the school became too great for the parish to maintain and since aided Status was not available – the day, July 6 1973, came when  the little school had to close.    Happy memories of the school have long remained among  members of the parish. The some of the sisters who taught at the school are buried in the cemetery at Warwick Bridge.