Warwick Bridge – Church

WARWICK BRIDGE – THE CHURCH.

The Church of Our Lady and St. Wilfrid was build in the year 1841, mainly due to the generosity of the Howard family of Corby Castle. It was build from the designs of A.W. Pugin and is considered to be one of the finest surviving examples of Pugin’s’ England Parish Churches. Famous for his part in the design and interior decorating of the Houses of Parliament, Pugin designed many churches and other buildings which, with the passing of time, have been altered from their original plans. Fortunately our little church of “Our Lady’s” has remained almost exactly as Pugin left it.
Build in the Gothic style of architecture, its decoration is intact and its setting has not been changed.
The stained glass windows are from the 19C, except for two lights which were installed in the 1960s by local benefactors.